Where should we go for coffee dear?
The reality of this mobile, geolocation empowered world is that customers decide whether or not to visit your cafe or restaurant before they’ve been there.
They will see a “like” tally on Urbanspoon where anything less than 80% makes people nervous. “Maybe I won’t have a great experience either?” “Surely 200 people can’t be wrong”
They see an 8.0 or a 5.0! on beanhunter and know what your coffee tastes like.
The simple answer is urbanspoon is a closed community where you cannot delete reviews – and that’s a good thing – however there are 5 things you can do to boost your social credibility and communicate with your customers:
1. Promote yourself – Urbanspoon is only 1 social network. List your business on:
- Google Places
- Google Plus
- Local Council business listing
- A blog site
2. Encourage bloggers to come and review your cafe. You can see blogger reviews are more impacting than customer reviews:
3. Engage in conversations with your customers online via these social platforms: Instagram, Twitter , Facebook , Foursquare
4. Listen! Actually change your operations , staff, products or services when there is a clear message to you.
5. Implement a Customer Expectation Management System such as Business weather. Visit h4happy.com. These guys measure and analyse real feedback in real time.