I am excited that you want to provide parenting courses and you are interested in an online solution.
I am a marketer. I connect people with people, products and services. I am not a business consultant however I can add strategic, visionary advice to sell to customers.
God is into parenting courses. We often forget the mandate to “teach others to obey” what Jesus commanded us. I believe God is for these courses.
Firstly you need to be very clear and honest about your goals. You need to tell me who you are wanting to “sell to”.
• Are they parents who attend your church
• Are they parents who attend other churches
• Are they non-Christians for example
You also need to be honest about your motives:
• Are you wanting to make a profit?
• Are you wanting to build a tribe?
• Are you wanting to sell products or just build a community?
• Are you wanting to provide online training or just boost registrations for your meetings?
Once you have decided on those things, perhaps, I can come and chat with you in person and come up with a tailored marketing solution for you.
Here is some food for thought until I find out more:
1. Compile a list of contact details of who you already know you want to connect with
• These may be parents who are in the church
• They may be friends or pastors on Facebook
• They may be leaders in your church
• Get their email addresses. Put them in a database or spreasdsheet
2. Decide what kind of tribe you are building
• Is it a city-changing exploding with growth tribe
• Is it a limited, small group of people you know
• Is it unknown?
3. Ask permission (face to face or email or facebook) to send them a regular email newsletter
• Start to create a free, regular (weekly to quarterly) newsletter
• Try www.constantcontact.com
• Write content tailored specifically to your tribe or target market
• Send it absolutely regularly no matter what
4. Strategies connected to newsletter
• Talk to me about what other media to include when and why
• Always talk about key benefits of the program/products you are selling
• Always link them to something such as website or videos
• Offer free things
5. Use newsletter to launch all registrations, conferences, courses, link to sites etc
6. Consider starting a blog
7. Talk to Jon about how to capture content and how you wont get busier doing all of the above!
Hope this helps.